President’s Day Book Craft for Kids
Celebrate President’s Day with a kids’ book-making activity! Your child can learn about famous figures from history and get crafty when they try this easy, artsy idea. Start by choosing one president to research. Visit the local library or look up the president online. Gather a few fun facts and you’re ready to take the next step and start crafting a biographical book.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard- Reuse the sides of an old box instead of buying brand-new board.
- A hole punch
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils
- Construction paper
- Clear-drying school glue or a glue stick
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Cut the cardboard into two 8×11-inch pieces.
- Punch two holes on the left side of each piece of cardboard. Place one hole one-inch down from the top and the other one-inch up from the bottom.
- Choose the number of pages your child will need. Count out construction paper pieces to match.
- Punch two holes in each piece of construction paper. Match these holes to the holes in the cardboard.
- Stack the paper inside of the board to make a book.
- Bind the book with two pieces of yarn.
- Create a cover. Your child can draw a picture of the president on a piece of construction paper. Cut the picture out and glue it to the cover.
- Open the book and add a picture and words to each page. Your child can create a timeline biography or select fun facts about the president to add.