Thanksgiving Family Fall Leaf Craft
Gather around the holiday dinner table and telling everyone what or who you are thankful for is a Thanksgiving tradition in many families. Take this year’s thankful talk up a notch with a fun-filled kids’ craft. Start by gathering colorful fall leaves. With a few simple prep steps your kiddo can help the whole family to start a brand-new tradition that you can add to each year!
Materials You’ll Need
- Fall leaves
- Tempera paint
- Clear-drying school glue
- Card stock paper
- Double-sided tape
- Paint the leaves. Your child can add to the already colorful leaves by matching them to a brighter hue. Let the leaves dry completely.
- Cut square or rectangles from the card stock paper. Size these so that they are small enough to fit on a leaf but large enough to write on.
- Hand each of your family members or guests a paper square or rectangle, a painted leaf and a marker. Each person can write what they’re thankful for on the paper.
- Tape the paper shapes onto the leaves.
- Share the leaves with the rest of the Thanksgiving dinner guests.
- Create a wreath or poster-sized collage with the leaves, adding to it each year on Thanksgiving.