Thanksgiving Pumpkin Seed Mosaic
You’re all in for making a homemade pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving. From scratch. Now you have a heaping helping of pumpkin seeds just sitting around. Dry them, dye them and use them for a Thanksgiving kids’ craft! Your child can create a mock mosaic that features a turkey, cornucopia or other holiday display.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Food coloring
- Plastic baggies
- Clear-drying school glue
- Card stock paper
- A pencil
- A paintbrush
- Clean and dry the seeds. Divide them among the bags. Use as many bags as your child wants. Each bag will be one color. If she wants five colors, you’ll need five baggies.
- Drip a few drops of food coloring into each bag.
- Close the bags and shake them, coating the seeds.
- Spill the colored seeds onto a napkin. Wait for them to dry completely.
- Draw the picture onto the card stock paper with a pencil. Have your child make an outline. She’ll fill it in later with the seeds.
- Squeeze a dollop of glue onto the paper (in the middle of the drawing). Your child can spread it out with the paintbrush.
- Press the pumpkin seeds into the glue, creating a picture. Your child can put the pumpkin seeds next to one another, just like a mosaic!