Thanksgiving Scented Pinecone Craft
The sweet scent of cinnamon, a pinch of allspice and the fragrant scent of cloves. These are the smells of Thanksgiving! That said, you don’t have to spend all day baking in the kitchen just to make your home smell like you did. Store-bought ‘autumn’ or Thanksgiving themed air fresheners don’t exactly smell real – and a plastic-covered container isn’t festive to look at. Instead of going with a chemical scent, make your own using natural materials and real spices. Thanksgiving scented pinecones bring the smell of fall into your home, while giving you a decoratively crafty display.
- Pinecones (you can collect these from your yard or the local park, or buy a bag at an arts and crafts supply store)
- Clear-drying school glue
- A paintbrush
- A paper plate
- Your favorite fall spice – Cinnamon, allspice, ground gloves, pumpkin pie spice (or you can mix a few)
- Gently brush any dirt or loose residue off of the pinecones. You can use your finger tips or a soft dusting cloth.
- Pour a golf ball-sized pool of glue onto the paper plate.
- Dip the paintbrush into the glue. Lightly ‘paint’ the glue onto the pinecone. Don’t worry about getting into each and every groove. You can keep the glue on the ends or tips of the pinecone.
- Shake pinches of the spice (or spices) over the glue.
- Let the glue dry for at least two hours. Brush or shake off any excess spice.
- Display the scented pinecones in a bowl or on the Thanksgiving table.
One of a kind large rare stable Virgin Valley Pine Cone OPAL Full of Fire
Tepco Restaurant China Set, Pine and Needles, Pinecone Dinnerware Restaurantware
Busse Custom FMV8/FMV14 Set Double Hollow Ground Satin INFI, G-rexed Pine Cone
Rare Original 1960s Marcello Fantoni Pine Cone Ceramic Lamps - a Pair
19th century pinecone crystal balustrade ball - red 8¼"
Nearly Natural 6ft. Alpine Artificial Christmas Tree with Pinecones, Berries and
Norman Brumm Enamel Bird Sculpture Art Pine Tree, Pine Cone, Scarce, Collectable
Busse Custom Nuclear Anniversary MoJo .25" Satin INFI, G-rexed Pine-cones Resin
Antique Pair Dr Wall Worcester reticulated baskets pine cone pattern 18th
Faberge Blue Imperial Pine Cone Egg With Elephant Trinket Box In Original Box