Thanksgiving Turkey Finger Paint Art for Kids
Are you looking for a fun-filled, creative art activity that your toddler can try? Do you want an idea that’s also Thanksgiving Day themed? If you’re not sure where to start, this textured finger painting idea is an easy (but messy) option to try for the holiday. And bonus, it also doubles as a sensory science exploration too.
Art Materials You’ll Need
- Finger paint in fall colors (brown, yellow, red and orange)
- Colorful craft sand (also in fall colors)
- Gold or orange glitter
- Soft modeling clay
- Poster board or card stock paper
- Scissors (for you)
- Glue or a glue stick
- Construction paper
How To Steps
- Pour the finger paint onto paper plates or pieces of thick scrap cardboard. Create one pool per plate.
- Add a different material to each pool. Include the sang, glitter and clay. Have your child break the clay up into smaller-sized pieces before they add it to the paint.
- Cut the board or paper into a turkey shape.
- Cut the construction paper into oval-shaped feathers.
- Glue the feathers onto the turkey.
- Paint away! Your child can explore the different types of textured paints, smoothing them onto poster board or card stock paper. Encourage them to fix the colors and create new textures.
Thanksgiving Greetings Postcard Boy w Bow & Arrow Ready to Shoot Turkey, 1914
PRINCESS DIANA ULTRA RARE ORDER SERVICE BOOKLET THANKSGIVING SERVICE 2007 10year
Herbert Hoover signed document DS President Washington Thanksgiving BAS COA
Large Nataraja Golden Brass Statue Sculpture Indian Culture Thanksgiving
School Bakers Cooks Thanksgiving Dinner WWI 1918 PROGRAM ROSTER Camp Sevier
AMAZING Arthur Court TURKEY Wine/Champagne/Cooler/Ice Bucket/Tureen THANKSGIVING
15" Marble Black Top Ganesha Sculpture Mop Inlay Stone Art Thanksgiving Gift
Large Nataraja Gold Brass Statue Sculpture Indian Culture Thanksgiving
A Warm Thanksgiving Greeting - Postcard Posted 12/26/13 ~George Washington Stamp
ONE OF A KIND 1909 Post Card To J. Edgar Hoover, written by His Mother