Thanksgiving Turkey Paper Craft for Kids
Celebrate Thanksgiving with a kid-created turkey craft! This activity is the perfect way for your preschooler to add art into their day, while making a cute holiday decoration. Use the completed craft as a kid-created place mat, hang the art on the wall or put it on the fridge with a magnet. Not only is this easy art idea an ideal way to mark the holiday, it also helps young children to develop creativity and fine motor skills.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- 8×11-inch card stock paper
- Crayons or markers
- Tempera paints
- Construction paper
- Clear-drying school glue
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Start with a piece of light-colored card stock paper. Draw a turkey onto the paper, using shapes. Ask your child to draw a larger circle or oval for the body and a smaller circle/oval for the head.
- Color the circles or ovals with crayons, markers or use the tempera paint.
- Add a face with tempera paint.
- Cut turkey feathers from the construction paper.
- Glue the feathers to the turkey to complete the Thanksgiving craft!