New Year’s Banner Art Activity for Kids
Are you looking for a New Year’s Eve craft for the kids? If you need a project to keep your children busy during a holiday party or as the evening events approach, take a look at how you can get crafty, help the kids to get creative and spend a fun-filled holiday day making festive decorations! This New Year’s banner art activity is perfect for kids in preschool and up.
Art Materials You’ll Need
- Card stock paper (choose a few different colors or use paper with a metallic sheen)
- A hole punch
- Ribbon or yarn
- Clear-drying school glue
How To Art-Making Steps
- Spell the words “Happy New Year” with your child. Choose one piece of card stock paper for each letter. Your child can select a different color or sheen for each letter.
- Cut the paper into shapes. Try rectangles, diamonds, squares or circles.
- Write each letter for “Happy New Year” onto each piece of paper.
- Draw glue lines over the letter the lines.
- Sprinkle glitter over the glue. Shake off the excess and let the glue dry completely.
- After the glue is dry, punch one hole on each side of each piece of paper.
- Thread the yarn or ribbon through the holes to tie the banner together.