New Year’s Firework Craft Cards for Kids to Create
Send a special New Year’s greeting to friends and family with a homemade card. Your creative kiddo can break out the paints, crayons and more to craft this card, making a fireworks-themed work of art to celebrate 2020! Read on for the easy how-to steps your child can follow.
Art Materials Needed to Make the Cards
- 8×10-inch card stock paper
- Tempera paints
- Crayons or markers
How-to Art-Making Steps
- Fold the card stock paper in half to make a card. Your child can create a book-style card or one that looks like a tent.
- Paint a New Year’s Eve firework display on the front of the card. Older children can create a complex series of lines, dot and dashes to look like fireworks. Younger children (and older ones who prefer this method) can splatter the tempera paint onto the front of the card to create their own colorful fireworks display.
- Let the paint dry.
- Add the year (2020) over the fireworks or above them with another paint color. Let the numbers dry completely.
- Open the card and write a special New Year’s holiday message inside with crayons or markers.
Optional: Your child can add a special sparkle with glitter and glue on the outside or inside of the card too!