Candy Cane DIY Christmas Ornaments
Handmade Christmas ornaments make a heart-felt gift or add that special sparkle to your tree. Before buying a bunch of glittering holiday décor, get crafty with the kids and make a few of your own! There are hundreds of DIY ornament options out there. Whether you spend your days on Pinterest or have a favorite crafting blog, finding easy-to-make tree decorations isn’t exactly a challenge. If you’re looking for something that is truly super-simple, but still adds beauty to your home’s holiday look, these candy cane trees are perfect.
- Candy canes
- Ribbon in Christmas colors (red and green) or gold and silver
- Cut equal pieces of ribbon. The amount of ribbon pieces that you need depends on how full you want the tree to be. You can create a sparse tree with four or five pieces, or a thicker one with several more.
- Tie the ribbons around the stick part of the candy cane (not the curve). Tie one ribbon above the next and so on.
- Cut the ribbons diagonally down both sides to make the triangle Christmas tree shape.
- Add one more ribbon to the top, knotting it into a bow.
- Hang the ornament on the tree, using the curved part of the candy cane as a hook.