Craft Stick Dreidel Art Activity
You’ve got eight nights to celebrate Hanukkah! That means eight opportunities to get artsy with the kids. If you’re looking for a holiday craft, this dreidel project lets the kids get creative while learning about Hanukkah. Use the finished dreidel as a holiday decoration, frame it or make a few just for fun! Your child can also use a hole punch to pierce the tops of the dreidels, add yarn and make a mobile.
- Thick craft sticks
- Card stock paper
- Tempera paint
- A paintbrush
- A marker
- Clear-drying school glue
- Glue five or six craft sticks to the center of the craft stock paper.
- Let the glue dry. This should take an hour or two.
- Draw a triangle under the craft sticks to create the bottom of the dreidel.
- Draw a rectangle at the top of the craft sticks to make a handle.
- Cut the dreidel out.
- Paint the craft sticks. Let the paint dry for one to two hours.
- Add a Hebrew letter to the front of the dreidel (pick either nun, gimmel, hey or shin). Your child can also make one dreidel for each letter. Paint on the letter in a different (second) color.