DIY Christmas Wreath Holiday Cards
Can’t find a Christmas card that’s just right? Have the kids craft their own! With a few simple materials (including a reused paper towel roll), your child can create amazingly artistic holiday cards. This easy-to-make wreath greeting is perfect for family members, friends or anyone who you want to wish the holiday best to.
- White card stock paper (8×11-inch sheets)
- Green and red tempera paint
- A cardboard paper towel roll tube
- A thin paintbrush
- Fold a piece of card stock paper in half, book style.
- Cut the paper at the fold to make two cards.
- Fold each half in half to make two tent-like cards.
- Pour small pools of green and red tempera paint. Pour the pools onto a palette, piece of wax paper or paper plate to protect your work surface.
- Dip one end of the tube into the green paint. Press the paint onto the center of the front of the card to make the wreath shape. Your child can press gently to make a thin wreath or move the tube around to make a thicker one.
- Use the paintbrush and red paint to add a ribbon or to decorate the wreath.
- Let the paint dry.
- Write a special holiday greeting inside!