Easter Bunny Ear Headband Craft for Kids
Easter is still weeks away. But that doesn’t mean your creative kiddo can’t get crafting. If your child is looking for an Easter themed art activity, check out this bunny ear headband hat idea!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Construction paper
- Card stock paper
- Masking tape
- Cotton balls
- Clear-drying school glue
Art-Making How-To Steps
- Make the headband. Position an 8×10-inch piece of construction paper horizontally. Cut a two- to three-inch tall strip. Cut a second strip from the same piece of paper.
- Tape the pieces of paper together at one end.
- Measure the paper strips to fit your child’s head.
- Glue the cotton balls to the outside (top side) of the paper. Wait for the glue to dry completely.
- Draw two tall ovals on the card stock paper. This step provides the perfect opportunity to talk to your child about basic geometry concepts. Ask your child to name the shape and discuss how it differs from circles, squares, triangles and other geometrical shapes.
- Cut the oval ears out.
- Color the ears with the crayons.
- Turn the headband over. Turn the ears over and place them onto the headband.
- Tape the ears onto the band.
- Fit the entire Easter bunny ear headband to your child’s head. Tape it together at the edges.