Hanukkah Dreidel Garland Craft
Celebrate Hanukkah with some festive décor! Instead of buying holiday decorations, the kids can help you craft your own homemade ones. A dreidel garland is easy to create, but still adds a splash of holiday spirit. As a bonus, this art activity helps your child to learn basic shapes. After the crafting is done, hang the dreidel garland up on a wall, around a window or on the edge of the dining room table.
- Card stock paper
- A hole punch
- Ribbon or yarn
- Make a dreidel template. Use one edge of a piece of card stock paper to make four straight lines, creating a square. Size the square according to your needs.
- Use the straight edge of the paper to draw a triangle at the bottom of the square.
- Draw a thin rectangle coming from the top of the square (to make the dreidel’s handle).
- Cut the template out.
- Use the template to make as many dreidels as you want.
- Cut the dreidels out.
- Using the marker, write one letter (the Hebrew letters for Nun, Gimmel, Hay and Shin) on each dreidel.
- Punch a hole on each side of each paper dreidel.
- Thread the ribbon or yarn from dreidel to dreidel, tying it at the ends.
- Display the Hanukkah craft as part of your holiday décor!