How To Craft a Kids’ Christmas Book
Create a Christmas keepsake to cherish for years to come. Your kiddos can craft their own holiday book to chronicle this years’ events. Add to the book every year, continuing on with the holiday tradition. Read on for the easy how-to steps!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard- Reuse the sides of an old cardboard box.
- 8×10-inch card stock paper
- Markers or crayons
- A hole punch
How-To Book-Making Steps
- Place the card stock paper on top of the cardboard. Draw an outline. Repeat with a second piece of paper.
- Cut out the cardboard to make a cover and back of the book.
- Punch two holes on the left side of the cardboard. Apace the holes at least one inch from the top and one inch from the bottom. Use the cardboard as a template to punch holes in the card stock paper and other piece of cardboard.
- Cut two pieces of yarn. Choose Christmas-themed colors–red and green.
- Stack the cardboard and paper together. Your child should place one piece of cardboard on the top and one at the bottom.
- Thread yarn through the holes. Tie the yarn to bind the book.
- Draw a Christmas themed cover! Your child can choose any design or picture they want–as long as it has a holiday theme. This could include Santa Claus, Santa’s reindeer, a Christmas tree, presents, your family in their holiday sweaters or another similar idea.
- Write the year on the first page of the book. Ask your child to draw a picture of this year’s tree or your family.
- Add more holiday pictures to the book.
Add pages each year! Untie the yarn and place extra pieces of paper into the book. Your child can write the date and draw what they see and feel each Christmas for years to come.