Kids’ Hanukkah Shape & Pattern Craft
Celebrate Hanukkah and create cute holiday decor with this easy-to-make kids’ dreidel craft. This paper art activity also gives your young child the chance to build math skills, including shape and pattern. Combine art-making and education, with this one holiday-themed activity! Read on to learn how to make this preschool art project.
Materials You’ll Need
- Card stock paper (choose at least two colors)
- Clear-drying school glue
- Markers or crayons
- Cut the cardboard into three pieces — a square, a triangle and a small rectangle. If your child can’t cute through the board, you can do this step for them. They’ll use the three pieces as a template to puzzle together the dreidel shape.
- Place the cardboard shapes onto a piece of card stock. Your child can build a dreidel shape and trace it.
- Cut the dreidel out
- Repeat to make more dreidels in different colors.
- Ask your child to arrange the dreidels on a plain piece of card stock (or you can use a piece of poster board paper) in an alternating color pattern.
- Glue the dreidels onto the paper.
You can also use the dreidels to make a paper garland. Punch holes on the side and string the shapes together with yarn or thin ribbon