Rosh Hashanah Apple Kids’ Water Color Art Activity
Are you looking for an artsy way to help your child celebrate Rosh Hashanah? Your kiddo can get creative as they mark this holiday. Bring out the water colors, grab a few brushes and get ready to make all the apple-themed art your child wants.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Water color paints
- A cup and water
- Thin water color paintbrushes
- A pencil
- White construction paper or poster board
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Create apple stencils. Draw a circle inside of a square on a piece of cardboard. Instead of buying new board, reuse the side of a cereal, cracker or similar box. Cut the square out. Poke the scissors through the center of the circle to cut out the shape. You should have a cardboard square with an empty circle in the middle. If the board is too thick for your child to cut, you can complete this step for them.
- Place the stencil/template onto the construction paper or poster board. Your child can paint inside the empty circle cut-out with apple red or green water colors. Make sure to hold the edges of the cardboard down flat onto the paper. let your child explore and experiment with the amount of water they use. If they use too much water and not enough paint, the colors may drip through the edges of the cardboard. But if they use less water, and more paint, the colors will stay put.
- Remove the cardboard. Repeat to make more apples circle.
- Your child can use brown paint to add a stem on each apple and green to create leaves.
Decorate an entire piece of paper or poster board, or cut the apples out. If your child decides to cut out the apples, punch a hole in each side and string the painted fruit together with yard to make a holiday garland.