Upcycled Paper Passover Afikomen Bag Craft for Kids
A hide and seek style game with the Afikomen is one of the best parts of Passover for many young children. What should you do if you don’t already have a special Afikomen bag at home? Don’t worry. Your creative kiddos can craft their own—using items you probably already have at home!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Paper- If you have construction paper or card stock, use these colorful pieces. But if you don’t have any on hand, reuse old worksheets or flyers.
- A hole punch
- Yarn- If you don’t have yarn at home, upcycle old fabric items and cut them into strips.
- Crayons or markers
How To Art-Making Steps
- Position the paper vertically. Fold it from bottom to top, making a pouch.
- Punch two to three holes in each side near the edges.
- Cut the yarn or fabric strips, sizing them slightly longer than each side of the paper pouch.
- Thread the yarn or strips through the holes, sewing the pouch together. Tie the yarn or strips at the edges.
- Draw a design on the front. Your child can use the crayons or markers to create their own Passover themed picture.
After crafting the bag, place a piece of matzah inside and hide the pouch!