Antique Ge Oscillating Whiz. Brass Blade Fan. Vintage General Electric. For Sale
Up for sale is a Oscillating GE "Whiz" table fan that has been completely restored. This fan is equipped with a single speed motor, brass blades, and is non-oscillating. The "Whiz" model was produced in the early to mid 1920's. This fan functions and looks as beautiful as it did the day it left the factory floor. ON THIS FAN!
- The fan was completly disassembled and inspected.
- All paint was stripped off and the surface face was primed for painting.
- The fan blades and all of the brass screws and hardware were buffed to a mirror shine.
- The fan was painted with 3 coats of high quality black automotive paint.
- The "GE Whiz" badge and rear ge emblem were painted. The raised lettering was then polished and relieved of it paint to reveal the brass lettering.
- The spec badge below the power switch was given new paint and also polished to reveal its lettering and information in detail.
- The entire fan was then given 2 coats of high quality clear paint. The paint is like glass.
- The motor was disassembled and cleaned.
- The main powerleads from the stator were replaced. They were soldered together like from the factory and protected with heat shrink.
- The power cord was replaced with an antique style cloth covered braided cord.
- The power cord grommets were replaced.
- New felt wicks and oil were added to the oil cups.
- The base of the fan was completly rebuilt. This included new green felt,and polished brass screws.
- The fan was reassembled and fully tested for over 2 hours. This fan runs smooth and quite and blows a good amount of air for its relatively small size.
Original Factory Specifications
- Model GE Whiz oscillating
- Steel base, cage and motor housing, brass blades
- The brass blades measure 9-inches in diameter
- The cage is 10 inches across
- The base is 6 inches in diameter
- Total height including the cage is approximately 12 inches
- Fan weighs 6 pounds
- One speed, AC 110 volt motor
This fan is in perfect working condition and will last another 100 years. The professional restoration was done by me and no corners were cut. This is a high quality restoration. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Good luck offerding. Thanks!
On Apr-06-13 at 22:57:10 PDT, seller added the following information:
The fan oscillates like it did from the factory...pleaseignore the non-oscillating comment in the description.
This item has been shown 0 times.