Jodocus Hondius 1627 Antiqued Old World Globe Map Stand 24" New
This item has been shown times.
Jodocus Hondius 1627 Antiqued Old World Globe Map Stand 24" New:
Hondius 1627 Old World Globe
Move mouse over images to see larger version
Click to view supersized image
Jodocus Hondius 1627 Old World Table Top Globe
This Hondius World Globe is brand new and is very skillfully made. It measures overall 13.5" inches in width and is 24" inches tall.
This Jodocus Hondius Globe is made of copperplate printed gores (specially shaped map sections) modeled after the actual 16th Century orginal cartographers globe. The gores are cut and applied by hand on papier-mache globe spheres. The globe is meticulously handcrafted using the complicated ‘gravure’ printing process that results in the sharpest details, lines and symbols.
The beautiful globe stand is a classic French design made of wood and bronze. The stand has an antiqued distressed brown French finish. Some assembly is required, please see table top globe stand instructions and details below.
This terrestrial globe is a design from a globe by the dutch cartographer (map maker) Jodocus Hondius. Hondius is best known for his early maps of the New World and Europe and for re-establishing the reputation of the work of Gerard Mercator. In 1593 he returned to Amsterdam and started a business specializing in map and globe making which helped establish Amsterdam as the center of cartography in Europe in the 17th century.
Nautical scenes are depicted on the outside of the Globe and include tall ships, compass roses and mythical sea monsters.
This beautiful terrestrial old world globe is sure to become a conversational addition to your nautical decor.
- Overall Size: 13.5" x 13.5" x 24" Height
- Finish stand: Antiqued distressed brown French finish
- Cartographer: Jodocus Hondius (Dutch 1563-1612)
More Sizes & Styles of Hondius & Other Old World Globes Are Available.
Old World Globe Table Top Stand Instructions & Details:
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse Capt.JimsCargo for more Old World Style Globes, Museum Quality Ship Models, XL Teak Ship Wheels, Nautical End Tables, Mark V Diver Helmets and more...To browse more items - Click on the Logo below
(close the new window to return to this item)!
- We accept PayPal (which includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay we also accept credit cards Mastercard, Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- PayPal-'s service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your purchases!
- Free shipping within the continental 48 U.S. States.
- Item will be shipped within 3 business days of payment received confirmation via UPS GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states). A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out . All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska or Hawaii, please contact me for the exact shipping.
- International buyers are responsible for all customs & import fees.
Packing: Models & furniture are securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- For damaged or defective items: Report any damage or defectiveness within 14 days of shipment arrival. The item will be replaced or a refund will be issued for the full cost of the item when replacement is unavailable. To get a replacement, please simply return the item (It's the buyers responsibility to return the shipment within 14 days after notifying me). For other reasons please contact me to get a return authorization, restocking fees applied.
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or backorder. use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.