Ladies 1930 Bulova 14k Solid Gold Honora Diamonds Emerald Vintage Art Deco Watch For SaleI have always loved collecting Bulova watches, an American company that needs little introduction. It was founded by Czech immigrant Joseph Bulova and based in New York City, where the famous Bulova Observatory was located, high above a skyscraper on Fifth Avenue. Like Gruen, it also had a factory in (Bienne) Switzerland, established in 1912 and dedicated to the production of watch components and their assembly into jeweled movements. The firm is known for its aggressive advertising campaigns and for being the first to advertise on radio, with an announcer stating B U L O V A ... 8:00p.m., Bulova Watch Time.
Pure and simple, this is one truly fine Art Deco era wristwatch, a ladies 14kt Solid White Gold HONORA model with four (4) green emeralds and two (2) genuine diamonds securely set. This particular model dates to 1930 (as per its date stamp on mechanism) and is in excellent shape, complete with original cabochon emerald winding crown.
Triple-signed for Bulova (case, dial and mechanism), it measures 30mm lug tip to lug tip and 16mm in width (19mm with crown). This works out to be 1-3/16 inches long by 5/8 of an inch wide (without crown) and it comes fitted on vintage cord bracelet strap thanks will fit a wrist up to 7-3/4 inches with no problem. If you want me to shorten this length just let me know!
My talented (and Bulova-trained) watchmaker David has fully serviced its original 15 jewel, adjusted, manual wind mechanism to ensure it winds and sets smoothly while keeping accurate time.
The sterling silver, matte enamel finished dial is in excellent condition and without flaw, professionally restored to its correct, original status. It features black enamel painted Arabic numbers, a crisp checkered 60 minute inner track border, original cobalt blue steel Spade-tip hands and a finely engraved Florentine inner dial. Signed BULOVA below the 12 and embossed SWISS at the dial base.
The solid glass crystal is in excellent condition and without flaw. The finely engraved hinged-back case is a 14kt Solid White Gold and in excellent PLUS condition, truly spotless. The highlight of the bezel has to be the four (synthetic) green emeralds and two genuine diamonds, all securely set. The emeralds, if inspected with a magnifying loupe, do have some scratches but they show very nicely in person. The cabochon emerald winding crown, the original, is in excellent shape and operates as it should.
Turning the watch over I see that the back lid is in excellent condition, no wear or engravings. Peeking inside via the secure hinged back case (opens and closes perfectly), I find a fully serviced and high quality Fifteen Jewel, manual wind movement. It is signed Bulova Watch Co., Swiss, [Caliber] 6AP, Fifteen 15 Jewels, Adjusted with a 1930 date code symbol. The inside of the case lid is signed BULOVA 14K.
Fully serviced just last week, this watch winds and sets very smoothly while keeping accurate time. It is fitted on a vintage black cord bracelet that will fit a wrist up to 7-3/4 inches in size but if you need it to be 6 inches, 7 inches, even 8 inches, just let me know and I will custom size it before mailing at no charge.
All in all an excellent example of a what an Art Deco watch is all about, who is going to be wearing this gem in just a short time?
- Since 1998, Holben's Fine Watches' goal has been happy customers. I treat buyers as I like to be treated: with courtesy and respect. I am especially proud of my excellent response and high number of repeat clients.
- Watch sizes: I provide exact case measurements in millimeters (the watch industry standard) and inches, and include a U.S. quarter in one photo as a size reference. Draw the measurements on paper to help visualize the watch on your wrist. Remember, watches for men made from the 1910s to 1970s were noticeably smaller than what is considered normal today.
- Buyers outside the United States with less than five response: please take a moment to introduce yourself via the message system prior to offerding. Otherwise, your offer may be retracted.
- U.S. winners pay $8.75 for fully insured, safely boxed USPS First-Class Mail shipping. Washington State residents (and those with shipping addresses in Washington State) are required to pay 8.6% sales tax.
- Canadian buyers pay $21.00 for Registered Air Mail shipping with tracking (I pay the insurance) or $36 for EMS Global Express, a bit faster. International buyers pay $49.00 for EMS Global Express Mail with tracking and insurance. I do provide a Registered Air Mail shipping option ($26.00) to a limited number of countries, including the United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan. If you are an international buyer please wait until I invoice you with your shipping options.
- International buyers, please note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding. I ship within 24 hours of receiving your cleared payment but your local custom authorities can cause delays. Expect it to take 7 to 30 days for international delivery.
- Payment is due within three days of sale end, unless you have contacted me prior to arrange otherwise. In accordance with policy, payments not received in four days will initiate an unpaid item case through the Resolution Center.
- In the rare event that a watch needs further service upon receipt, I ask that you return the wristwatch to me (or mailed to my watchmaker, David, in NYC) at my expense. It will be corrected and quickly mailed back to you.
- If you like unique and collectible vintage or antique wristwatches, add me as one of your favorite sellers. I specialize in American and Swiss timepieces from the 1900s to the 1970s. My selection changes weekly, and is comprised of manual wind and automatic watches from the following categories: WWI trench; WWII; military; fancy case, art nouveau; art deco; mid-century modern; stainless steel; sterling silver; white, yellow and rose gold; solid gold; platinum; and diamond, ruby and/or sapphire ladies cocktail watches.
- My very old dog, Cautious Carl, and I want thank everyone for 15 GREAT YEARS on . Keep on ticking!
Our sister store, Holben's Fine Watch Bands, offers an extensive selection of straps including Bonetto Cinturini, deBeer, Di-Modell, Hadley-Roma, Hirsch and Staib; deployment clasps and buckles; metal bracelets; German military Bunds; UTC ballistic nylon G10; open-ended; James Bond striped, leather and woven NATOs; WWII canvas military; genuine and silicone rubber divers; carbon fiber; Kevlar; LORICA; Cordura; GT rally tropic perforated; alligator-, crocodile-, lizard-, ostrich-, shark- and buffalo-grain; chrono sport; riveted; waterproof / water resistant and woven/braided.
This item has been shown 0 times.