West African Duck Keepsake Box Artisan Crafted Wood Beaded Bird Novica Ghana
This item has been shown 8 times.
West African Duck Keepsake Box Artisan Crafted Wood Beaded Bird Novica Ghana:
TL12 Wood, brass, and recycled glass beaded decorative box, 'Little Duck'
Designer Kobina Asmah works with local artisans to create this delightfully chirpy duck box using local sese wood. The pretty black bird is decorated with kite-shaped brass plates on the edges of the box, and has a gorgeous plumage of recycled glass beads in an array of beautifully vivid colors. The charming decorative box features an unlined interior where you can store your small keepsakes.
Artist: Kobina Asmah
MORE FROM THIS ARTISTItem Details Size
Box: 2.8 inches H x 7.8 inches W x 4.3 inches D
Lid: 3.5 inches H x 9.5 inches W x 4.7 inches DWeight 1.56 pounds Materials Sese wood, brass plate, recycled glass beads Additional Info
Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
Promotes recycling and reduces waste
Photos are representative of the item being offered, but are not necessarily of the exact item you would receive. As is the nature of handcrafted items, there may be very slight variations from one piece to the next.See Listing InfoCURRENT PRICE: US $130.95SUGGESTED RETAIL
Our prices are significantly lower than suggested retail amounts. By cutting out all traditional middlemen we can bring you the best prices on the highest quality items, direct from the region of origin.Shipping Information SHIPPING TO USA (LOWER 48 STATES) Shipping Services Shipping Cost Delivery Time Standard to Lower 48 United States $6.00 7 to 20 business days Expedited to Lower 48 United States $23.00 2 to 6 business days WE SHIP TO OVER 100 DESTINATIONS! Destination Shipping Cost Delivery Time Australia $31.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Canada $23.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands $12.00 2 to 5 weeks USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Standard Same as Standard
$6.00 10 to 24 business days USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Expedited $23.00 3 to 10 business days United Kingdom $16.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) COMBINED SHIPPING FOR MULTIPLE sales
- If you win multiple sales that will ship from the same country, you may qualify for a combined shipping discount.
- IMPORTANT: In order to qualify for a combined shipping discount, you must pay for all qualifying items at the same time.
- Want to save on shipping? Find other items that ship from our West Africa office: Shop more from West Africa
- Ships direct from NOVICA office in Ghana.
- Shipping costs include insurance.
- For USA (50 states): Shipping costs cover all import fees.
- Sales tax will be added for all items shipped to California, Missouri or Texas.
- For Non-USA: Customers are responsible for all duty, tax, & brokerage fees that may be due upon delivery (shipping costs cover freight charges only).
- There will be a charge for all refused / unclaimed shipments
- We can ship orders with Standard shipping service to the USA to a PO Box. Orders with Expedited shipping and those shipping outside the USA require a physical address. Sorry, we are not able to ship to APO/FPO addresses at this time.
- For expedited or international shipping fees, you must manually "Add" the additional amount when paying by Paypal. For example, if you want the 8.00 Expedited shipping and the Standard shipping is 5.00, you must "Add" an additional 3.00 to your payment.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- Paypal accepted.
- Payment must be made within 7 business days.
- Positive response will be given within 20 days after you have received the item.
"I hope the next generation in my family takes interest in this art, wishes to preserve it, and give continuity to what I have started."
"I did not become interested in art. Rather, it is a talent I was born with as it runs through my family. My father painted, and I also have a flair for drawing and painting. This makes designing masks something that comes naturally to me. "Hi, I am Kobina and I was born in Asamankese, Eastern Ghana. I am a hardworking and honest person who loves animals. "What I did to hone my skills was to visit art workshops where I could observe artisans busy at work designing masks. I was so eager to learn more, that I got a raw mask and started to make designs on the mask and paint it with acrylic paints. The outcome was very good, and that is how I started in this art form. "I am not a carver, so I count on some people to carve the wood masks and then I create the designs. Since I don't carve myself, I must look for people who are hardworking and committed to their craft, so that whenever they promise to deliver my carvings, they are true to their word and are honest persons. "I have been able to train about three people on how to design masks and they have all decided to remain with me after completing their apprenticeship. "My favorite thing about this art is designing metals, which are used to decorate the masks in a most artistic form. "However, the most challenging aspect has to do with the rising cost of the raw materials. "Nature and the documentaries I watch on TV inspire my work. My dream for the future is to be able to expand this venture of mine. I hope the next generation in my family takes interest in this art, wishes to preserve it, and give continuity to what I have started."
MORE FROM THE ARTIST More NOVICA Treasures...
In association with National Geographic, NOVICA is the largest seller of quality handcrafted fair trade goods on and has been actively saleing rare artisan crafts since 1998.LEARN MORE ABOUT NOVICA ALL JEWELRY ALL DECOR CLOTHING &
ACCESSORIES PAINTINGS RINGS BRACELETS NECKLACES EARRINGS SCULPTURE MASKS LAMPS & LIGHTING AREA RUGS TABLEWARE FURNITURE JEWELRY BOXES HAMMOCKS