Last-Minute Upcycled Halloween Craft for Kids
Are you looking for a last-minute Halloween art activity for your kids? If the hustle and bustle of the fall season has left you without time to plan out a complex craft, check out this easy upcycled idea!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- An old cardboard box
- Clear-drying school glue
- Orange, white, green and black tissue paper
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Choose a Halloween-themed jack o’ lantern or ghost design.
- Flatten the cardboard box.
- Draw either an oval pumpkin or a free-flowing ghost shape onto the float board.
- Cut the shape out.
- Tear the tissue into smaller-sized pieces. Your child will need orange, black and green to create a pumpkin and white and black to make a ghost.
- Squeeze a small pool of glue into the cardboard. Use the paintbrush to spread the glue out across the board base.
- Crumble the tissue paper and press it onto the glue to create a textured surface. If your child wants to make a jack o’ lantern they can cover the bulk of the cardboard with orange tissue, Add black tissue for eyes, a nose and mouth. Finish the craft with a green tissue stem. To craft a ghost, cover the board with white tissue and add black for the eyes.
Michael Myers Mask Rehaul