Christmas Eve Cookies for Santa Your Kids Can Make
Treat Santa to a Christmas Eve snack with this easy holiday cookie idea! Don’t worry if you aren’t an expert baker–Santa will appreciate the thought. As a bonus, your family can sneak a few of Santa’s cookies before you put the goodies out for the man in the red suit.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe or a boxed mix
- Red and green sprinkles or crystal sugar
- Icing- in white, red and green colors
- White chocolate chips
- Bake the cookies! Follow your recipe or the directions on the box. If you don’t have time to bake the cookies or don’t feel comfortable baking them, substitute ready-made cookies from your favorite bakery. Santa will still appreciate the decorating effort.
- Wait for the cookies to cool. If your child frosts the cookies now, the icing may melt.
- Frost the top of each cookie. Your child can choose one color or add a few. Make plain snowy white cookies, wreath green treats or holiday-themed red and green stripes.
- Cover the frosting with holiday sprinkles or crystal sugar. Your child can also add extra icing in another color. Use a toothpick to dab on polka dots, create a Christmas tree or make another design of your child’s choosing.
- Arrange the cookies on a plate and leave them out for Santa Claus!