Father’s Day Colorful Cupcake Recipe for Kids
Give dad a treat this Father’s Day! More specifically, bake dad a treat. The kids can help you to bake a batch of cupcakes to celebrate a special guy on his special day. Check out this easy to follow recipe idea that’s fun for the whole family. Not only will dad get a delish dessert, but the kids will get the chance to learn about math, science, and art in this kitchen activity.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Vanilla or white cake mix—or your favorite recipe
- White icing
- Food coloring
- Sprinkle-in dad’s favorite color
- Let your child help you to measure the ingredients and mix the batter. After the batter is mixed, divide it into two or more bowls. Drip a drop or two of food coloring into each batch. Your child can mix the color into the batter. They can pour the batter into a cupcake tin before you bake the Father’s Day treats.
- Bake the cupcakes.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- Separate the frosting into bowls. Add two to three drops of food coloring into each batch of frosting. Your child can use the same colors they used for the cupcakes or other hues.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- Add the sprinkles. Optional: Sprinkle heart-shaped candy on top!
- Arrange the colorful cupcakes on a table or a tray to spell the word, “DAD” or spell dad’s first and last initials.