Easter Planter Pot Activity for Kids
Celebrate Easter in a cute, crafty way with a kids’ art activity! With the warm weather on the horizon and the spring growing season about to start, your child can mark the holiday with a homemade Easter-themed flower planter. This project provides the perfect way to get creative, improve fine motor skills and learn about plant/life science. Not only will your child learn a lesson or two from this activity, they’ll make a pretty planter to accent a holiday table or add to your home’s decor.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- A plain ceramic planter pot
- Craft paint
- Potting soil
- Spring flowers, such as tulips, to plant
How-To Project Steps
- Decorate the outside of the planter pot. If the paint isn’t waterproof, make sure to keep the planter indoors. Your child can choose an Easter-themed design or spell out a special holiday message. Design ideas include the Easter bunny, Easter eggs or pastel/spring-toned flowers.
- Let the paint dry completely.
- Fill the planter with soil.
- Plant the flowers!
Repeat the steps to create several Easter planter pots. Instead of one size, choose a few different shapes or heights. Group the planters together to create a holiday-themed display.