Easy Easter Egg Cupcakes
You’re looking for a fun Easter treat, but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen. What’s the answer? Turn boxed mix cupcakes into festively decorated holiday desserts. With a few simple steps you can create Easter-themed cupcakes that look like you’re a master baker. These tasty treats mimic an Easter egg hunt, with faux grass and mock eggs to hide!
- Vanilla or white cake mix
- White frosting
- Green food coloring
- Green licorice twists
- Easter egg jelly beans
- Bake the cupcakes, following the mix’s directions. If you have a favorite super-simple recipe, swap that in instead.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- Mix two to three drops of green food coloring into the icing. If it’s too light, add a few more drops.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- Chop the licorice into 1-inch long sections. These will become grass to ‘hide’ the eggs in.
- Press the licorice pieces (put them in upright, so that they look like growing grass) into the icing.
- Hide the eggs in the grass. Press a few of the jelly beans into the frosting. You should be able to see them sitting on the frosting in a bare grass spot.