Heart-Shaped Berry Valentine’s Day Cookies Recipe
Do you need a last-minute treat for your child’s Valentine’s Day party? Don’t worry if you aren’t a Pinterest-worthy baker or only have limit experience in food design. You can create cute sweetheart treats that everyone will enjoy—even if you’re a novice baker. Check out the simple how-to steps needed to make easy-to-make heart-shaped cookies.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Boxed sugar cookie mix- if you have a homemade recipe you prefer, you can use this instead
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters
- White frosting
- Strawberries and/or raspberries
- Red sprinkles or heart-shaped sprinkles
How-To Cookie-Making Steps
- Prepare the mix according to the manufacturer’s directions. This provides the perfect opportunity to let your child help out in the kitchen. Ask your child to measure the ingredients and mix them.
- Roll the cookie batter out into a sheet.
- Use the cookie cutters to create heart shapes.
- Bake the cookies according to the box’s or recipe’s instructions. You should do this step yourself. Never allow your child to use an oven or other heating appliance.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool completely.
- Mix the icing with the berries. Cut the berries into small-sized bits. Let your child mix the fruit with the sweet frosting in a large bowl. The result is a berry-flavored red or pink icing that you can use to top the cookies.
- Spread the icing over the cookies.
- Add the sprinkles!
1991 Michael Jordon #375 Fleer