St. Patrick’s Day Treat Tips and Tricks
You’re not a whiz in the kitchen or you just don’t have time to whip up a holiday feast. That doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a festively fun treat or two! How? Check out these oh-so-simple ways to add some St. Patty’s Day flare to everyday snacks, sweets and meals.
You’ve got white or vanilla cake, cupcake or cookie batter:
- Add a drop of green food coloring in.
- Split the batter into a few bowls, and add a drop of food coloring (a different color in each bowl). Layer the batter or make individual cakes to stack into a rainbow.
- Drop in yellow food coloring to make ‘gold coin’ cookies. Add them to the end of a rainbow cake.
You’ve already made a cake, cupcakes or cookies:
- Slather on St. Patrick’s Day themed sprinkles (shamrocks or yellow, white and green sprinkles).
- Sprinkle on a rainbow of colorful crystal sugar on top of white frosting.
- Use a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter as a stencil to add green icing.
You’re looking for an easy-to-make treat or snack:
- Freeze a green-colored or green apple juice in an ice cube tray. Cut straws in half, and add one to each compartment to make popsicles.
- Mix a drop of green food coloring in with milk.
- Drizzle chocolate and mint syrups over golden vanilla ice cream.
You want a healthy, but green, option:
- Salads are always green!
- Garnish a sunny-side up egg with parley (for some added green). Or, use food coloring to turn the white of the egg green.
- Mix cooked spinach in with your mashed potatoes.