St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Cupcakes for Kids
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a cute cupcake kids’ cooking activity! Your kiddo can explore science, math and art—all while whipping up a batch of tasty holiday rainbow themed treats!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Your favorite cupcake recipe or boxed white cake mix
- Food coloring
- White frosting
- Green sprinkles
- Mix the cake better. Let your child measure the ingredients. This helps them to better understand basic math concepts, such as numbers and quantities.
- Separate the batter into equal parts. Again, this also helps your child to explore math. Pour the batter into bowls. Add one to two drops of food coloring into each bowl. Before you store the batter, ask your child to predict what will happen.
- Pour the batter into a cupcake tin and bake. Never allow your child to go near or use a stove.
- Take the cupcakes out and let them cool completely.
- Slice the cakes into layers.
- Assemble the layers into rainbow-striped cupcakes. Add a layer of frosting in between each color to hold the pieces together.
- Mix the remainder of the frosting with green food coloring.
- Spread the food coloring on top of the cupcakes and add the green sprinkles!
4 Pot Of Gold Slimline Games