Chocolate-Covered Valentine’s Day Strawberries
Nothing says “Happy Valentine’s Day!” like chocolate. Instead of the traditional box of chocolates you can create your own holiday sweet treats. Chocolate-covered strawberries are easy to make, fun to decorate and delicious to eat. And bonus, your kiddos can help you to whip up these tasty Valentine’s treats.
What You’ll Need
- Chocolate (try a variety of types, such as milk, dark and white)
- Sprinkles, colorful crustal sugar or another favorite candy decor
- Wax paper
- Wash and dry the strawberries thoroughly. Any remaining moisture may make it tricky for the chocolate to stick to the surface. Leave the stems on.
- Place the strawberries on a wax paper-covered backing sheet.
- Melt the chocolate. You can use a stove and double-boiler method or melt the chocolate in the microwave. If you use the microwave, gradually melt the chocolate in 10 second increments, stirring in between.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the strawberries, leaving the top and the stem candy-free.
- Add crystal sugar, sprinkles, Valentine’s Day candy decor or more chocolate. If you add a chocolate drizzle, try using a different flavor to create contrasting colors (you can also add food coloring to white chocolate to make the drizzle pink, red, purple or any other hue).
- Put the strawberries into the refrigerator until the chocolate has cooled and set.
Vintage Platinum Van Cleef & Arpels Diamonds (GIA) Brooch/Coat Pin, Circa 1940s
VIP Valentines Day Chip Heart Special Edition Ms. Vickie's Chips
Michael Jordon #29 genuine Fleer 1990/1991
Mars Meteorite Pendant - Genuine Martian Meteorite Jewelry - 14Kt Gold - TOP
Vintage Japanese 14K White Gold Diamond Pave Baroque South Sea Pearl Hair Stick
Rare EXOTIC Deco Antique old Green Gray Color Jade Sword Slide Guard Fitting
Unique Pomegranate Ruby Diamond Pendant in 18k Yellow Gold Jewish Charm Jewelry
Diamond Studded Interwoven Star of David Jewish Pendant in 14k Solid White Gold
1928 The Purple Gang Mugshot Original Photo ST. VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE
c. 1920's The Purple Gang Mugshot Original Photo ST VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE