Valentine’s Day Love Bug Candy
You want to make some super-special sweets for Valentine’s Day. But, you aren’t exactly a baker. Don’t worry. While those adorable heart-shaped cupcakes and layered red and pink confetti cakes may look nice, your family will appreciate even a simple treat. Grab a handful or chocolate candy kisses, a few holiday-themed sprinkles and get ready to try out this no-bake Valentine’s Day dessert. Not only is this easy enough for even the novice chef to put together, but the kids can get in on the action and make a few of their own too!
- Chocolate candy kisses
- Marshmallow fluff (or you can melt mini marshmallows in the microwave until they are spreadable)
- Valentine’s Day colored (red and pink) sprinkles
- Candy eyes
- Coat the kisses in marshmallow fluff. Use a spoon or use your fingers to spread the marshmallow over the chocolate. Mold it around the chocolate, so that it sticks.
- Add the sprinkles (you can also use colorful crystalized sugar). You can shower the marshmallow-covered chocolates with the sprinkles or roll them in the sugary accents.
- Press the candy eyes onto the front of the kisses to make little ‘love bugs’.
Optional: Instead of plain sprinkles use mini heart-shaped versions!