World Friendship Day Cake for Kids
Celebrate World Friendship Day with a tasty treat to share! Your child can bake a cake for their best friend, decorating it with a very special message. Don’t worry if you aren’t an expert baker. This friendship themed activity is easy for everyone.
What You’ll Need
- 1 box of cake mix and everything it requires (such as eggs or oil)- use your favorite recipe if you prefer
- Vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- Sprinkles-choose your child’s friend’s favorite color or colors
- Bake the cake with your child. While you need to do the actual baking, your child can measure and mix the ingredients.
- Color the frosting. Ask your child what their friend’s favorite colors are. If your child’s friend only has one top color, use all the frosting. If they have multiple faves, split the frosting into a few bowls. Add two to three drops of food coloring to the frosting and mix thoroughly. Use more food coloring is the frosting isn’t bright ebough.
- Frost the cooled cake.
- Cover the frosting with a confetti-like shower of sprinkles.
Optional: Use gel frosting or tubes of icing to help your child write a special friendship message on the cake. If the icing is too messy, use tooth picks to draw the letters.