Sweet Breakfast Noodle Kugel Recipr for Yom Kippur
Break the fast with this Yom Kippur breakfast kugel. This sweet, noodle-filled treat is the perfect way to start your day, break your fast or just snack! This pudding-like part of your holiday meal plan is easy to make—for the whole family. Cooking is an ideal activity if you want to bring everyone together and help your children to learn about traditions, science and so much more. Ask the kids to help you to measure and mix the ingredients, while you do the baking yourself.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1/2-pound egg noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2-cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- Half-dozen eggs
- Other assorted dried fruit
- Cook the noodles.
- Stir the cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, butter and eggs in a bowl.
- Add the raisins and other dried fruit. Mix well.
- Add the noodles and stir again.
- Spoon the mixture to a greased baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 359 degrees.
- Heat the mix for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the kugel is completely cooked through.
Optional: Add a fall flare to the kugel with a dusting of cinnamon or pumpkin spice on top. Another option is to slice apples and layer them on top before baking. You can sprinkle cinnamon on top.