Easy Easter Egg Cookies with Berry Icing
Bake a basket of Easter egg cookies with your kiddos! Don’t worry if you aren’t an expert-level baker. This kids’ cooking idea is super-simple and doesn’t involve complex steps.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Easter Egg Cookies
- Sugar cookie dough or mix (if you have a favorite recipe, use it instead of the ready-made version)
- White frosting
- Raspberries or strawberries
- Rainbow sprinkles
- An oval shaped cookie cutter
How To Steps
- Mix the sugar cookie dough and roll it out into a flat sheet. Your child can help measure ingredients, mix them and roll the dough for you.
- Use the cookie cutter to create Easter egg-shaped ovals. Again, this is a step your child can try with minimal help. Even though your child can cut the eggs out, always supervise them in the kitchen.
- Bake the cookies. This is a step for adults only.
- Let the cookie cool.
- Split the frosting into two bowls.
- Mash the raspberries or strawberries into one of the bowls. Mix the berries thoroughly to turn the white icing pink.
- Frost the cookies with the white and pink icing.
- Add patterns with the sprinkles. Your child can create rainbow stripes, polka dots or any other design they want.