World Tourism Day Collage Poster Craft for Kids
September 27 marks World Tourism Day. Even though your travels plans have been cut short this year, you can still celebrate this special day—in a child-friendly make-believe way! Help your kids to understand the value of travel with this tourism themed art activity!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Poster board
- Card stock paper
- Clear-drying school glue
- Photos of places from around the world (use your own pics, print-outs from online reference sources or photos from travel magazines)
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Ask your child to choose a few different places they’d like to visit. If they’re not sure where to start, research different travel destinations online, in books or in magazines. Discuss the places, people who live there and the culture.
- Cut out or print pictures of the places your child chooses.
- Cut the card stock into different shapes, sizing each piece to fit one of the pictures. The card stock should extend a few inches beyond each photo on each side.
- Glue the pictures or photos to the card stock paper pieces.
- Write the destination’s name (country or city) on the card stock paper.
- Glue the pictures to the poster board.
- Add a World Tourism Day message at the top of the poster board. Ask your child to write their name and the date on the board to complete the craft.