Holiday DIY Felt Board Travel Craft
With the Christmas countdown in full swing you’re running all over the place getting last-minute gifts and prepping for the holiday meal. With all of your errands, the kids are getting stuck in the car more often than not. It seems like every car ride gets longer and your child’s whines (which are completely understandable) get louder. Instead of expecting your young child to sit patiently in that long line of mall traffic, keep her busy with this totally non-messy DIY car-ready felt board holiday craft.
- Colorful craft felt sheets
- A piece of cardboard (reuse the front of a cereal or cracker box)
- Masking tape
- Pick a holiday theme (such as Santa or Christmas trees).
- Cut out felt shapes that can make pictures (when put together) that fit the theme. For example, if you’ve chosen a Santa theme you’ll need a rosy colored felt circle for the face, a red triangle for the hat, small red circles to make the beard and line the hat and a few smaller-sized pieces to make eyes, nose and a mouth.
- Cover the cardboard with a piece of solid felt. Tape it on the back.
Your DIY felt board is ready to go! Stash the pieces in a zipper baggie. When your child’s in the car or waiting anywhere else, pull them out and let her press them against the board. The felt will stick. She can peel it apart, put it back in the baggie and reuse it later.