New Year’s Eve Noisemaker Craft
It’s New Year’s Eve! And that means it’s time to celebrate. Get crafty with the kiddos and create these child-friendly noise makers. Not only can the kids ring in the New Year with their DIY noisemakers, but this also doubles as an easy art activity that keeps the little ones busy at a holiday party. Check out the how-to steps for instructions on how to craft your own noisemakers.
Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard tubes- reuse old paper towel roll tubes
- Wax paper
- Elastics/rubber bands
- Dried beans or rice
- Clear-drying school glue
- A paintbrush
- Cut each long tube in half.
- Write a New Year’s wish, message, or resolution on the tube with a marker. If your child is too young to write by themselves, ask them what they want their noisemaker to say and write it for them with a pencil. They can trace over the light pencil lines with a marker afterwards.
- Add the year (the new year date).
- Mix the glitter and the glue on a paper plate or piece of scrap cardboard. Use one color or an entire rainbow of glitter. Have your child paint a sparkly wash over the tube.
- Let the tube dry completely.
- Place the beans or rice (or both) inside of the tube.
- Cover each end with wax paper. Secure the paper with the rubber bands.