Earth Day Collage Craft for Kids
Celebrate Earth Day with an upcycled art activity. Instead of buying new arts and crafts materials, reuse what you already have at home. Spend the day scavenging the house with your creative kiddo to find the just-right artsy options for this planetary project! Discuss the advantages of using found or upcycled materials with your child and ask them why this type of recycling is better for the environment. After you talk about the planet and Earth Day, get ready to craft a colorful globe collage.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Reused pieces of paper
- Green, blue, and white tempera paint
- A paintbrush
- Clear-drying school glue
- Cardboard from an old box
- A marker
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Tear the paper into smaller pieces.
- Draw an Earth circle shape onto the cardboard with the marker.
- Glue the torn paper to the circle, collage style. Overlap the edges and create different textures with the paper.
- Paint the globe. Use blue for the oceans, green for the continents and white for the polar ice caps.
- Tear more paper. Glue the paper onto the rest of the cardboard to create a backdrop for the globe.
- Paint the remaining paper, combining the blue and white to make a sunny sky.