Halloween Pumpkin Candy Chute Craft
Halloween is on the horizon. But this year you may not want to put out the typical shared candy bowl. If you don’t want the entire neighborhood dipping their hands into the same bowl of trick-or-treat goodies, check out this easy-to-make DIY Halloween candy chute craft!
Materials You’ll Need
- PVC pipe
- Hand saw (if you plan to cut the pipe)
- A folding table
- Paper mache paste (either use a store-bought mix or make your own with flour and water)
- Green and orange crepe paper
- Masking or packing tape
- Orange construction paper
- A black marker
- Measure the PVC pipe to six feet or longer in size. If needed, cut the pipe at six feet.
- Blow up one balloon. This will be the base to make a paper mache pumpkin chute accessory.
- Cut the orange paper into strips.
- Mix the paper mache paste.
- Dip the strips into the paste and cover the balloon completely.
- Cut a small piece of green crepe paper and attach it to the top of the pumpkin as a stem.
- Let the paste dry completely.
- Cut a hole that’s slightly larger than the PVC pipe in the front of the pumpkin. Remove the balloon from the inside.
- Cut a second hole on the opposite side of the pumpkin, slightly higher up than the first one.
- Draw a jack o’lantern face onto the pumpkin with a marker. The mouth should go around the hole in the front of the paper mache sculpture.
- Cover the outside of the PVC pipe with orange crepe paper.
- Tape the paper mache pumpkin to the edge of a folding table.
- Feed the end of the pipe through the pumpkin. The lower edge should sit just outside of the pumpkin’s “mouth.”
- Hold the other end of the chute and slide candy down it!