Halloween Sensory Pumpkin Tissue Paper Art
Celebrate Halloween with a cute craft! Your child can explore through their sense, learn about colors and build fine motor skills with this holiday-themed pumpkin art activity.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard- Reuse the front or side of an old box instead of buying new board. This is an eco-friendly option that’s also easy on your arts and crafts materials budget.
- Orange, black and green tissue paper
- Clear-drying school glue
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Draw a pumpkin shape onto the cardboard. Turn this into a basic geometry lesson and ask your child to name the shape (circle or oval).
- Cut the shape out. You may need to do this step for your child, if the board is thick.
- Draw a jack o’lantern face onto the pumpkin. This is another opportunity to name shapes. Your child can draw triangle eyes and a nose and a semi-circle mouth.
- Cut or tear apart the tissue paper into small-sized pieces.
- Crumble the paper and glue it onto the pumpkin. Use the orange for the pumpkin, black for the facial feature shapes and green to add a stem at the top. Your child can feel the texture if the crumbled paper as part of a sensory exploration.
- Let the glue dry completely. After the glue dries, display the pumpkin as part of your Halloween holiday decor!
Michael Myers Mask Rehaul