National Aviation Day Mural Art Activity for Kids
Celebrate National Aviation Day with a flight-themed art activity! Your child can learn about planes, get creative and explore the reasons why the country marks this very special aviation day with a mega mural. After the crafting is complete, hang the artwork in your home for the entire family to see.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Plain gift wrap in a light color or rolled butcher paper
- Construction paper
- Clear-drying school glue
- Markers or crayons
- Tempera paint
- Paint brushes
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Unroll the paper. The larger your child wants to make the mural, the more paper they’ll need.
- Draw an outline of an airplane. The plane should take up the majority of the paper.
- Cut the construction paper to create windows or other accents for the plane.
- Glue the construction paper cut-outs to the butcher paper.
- Paint the plane. Your child can mix tempera colors to create a rainbow of hues. Give them yellow, blue and red (the primary colors) and white. They’ll mix and blend their way to creating purple, orange, green, pink and other colorful options.
- Let the paint dry completely.
- After the paint dries, add accents or embellishments with the markers of crayons. Your child can even personalize the project and write their name and the date on the side of the plane!