Father’s Day Neck Tie Kid’s Card
Celebrate Father’s Day with a kid-made card! This easy-to-make art activity is a perfect gift for that special guy, showing just how much the kids love him. Personalize the greeting with a heartfelt message and/or have your child create her own individual design.
- Card stock paper
- Optional: Colored pencils or colorful chalk
- Fold a piece of 8×10-inch card stock paper in half from top to bottom (when the paper is positioned vertically).
- Draw a tie shape onto the front of the paper, starting at the top. If your child is having trouble drawing a neck tie, look at a picture of one and break it down into shapes.
- Cut the tie out. Both sides of the paper should stay connected at the top.
- Write a message inside. Don’t forget to include the date (making this a cute keepsake).
- Draw a pattern onto the front with the markers, colored pencils or chalk.
Give the card to dad as is or make a crafty carrier! To make a carrier, fold another piece of card stock in half, making sure that it’s larger than the tie-card. Punch holes along the edges with a hole punch. Put the card inside and ‘sew’ the pocket together by threading yearn or a ribbon through the holes.