International Youth Day Book Craft
Celebrate International Youth Day with a fun-filled book-making activity! Your child can learn more about notable young people from history with this research project. Start by choosing a historical youth figure. This can include any young person your child is interested in learning more about from any time period, country or culture. After they select a historical young person, your child can start the research process online or at the local library.
Materials for the Book-Making Activity
• Cardboard- reuse an old cardboard box
• A hole bunch
• Construction paper
• A ruler
• Crayons, markers or colored pencils
1. Measure the cardboard, sizing it to fit the construction paper.
2. Cut two pieces of cardboard out.
3. Decorate the cover. Your child can draw the famous young person and write a title, their name and the date on the cardboard.
4. Create the pages of the book. Your child will use the crayons, markers or colored pencils to create a biography.
5. Stack the paper inside the front cover and a second piece of cardboard.
6. Punch two holes on the left side of the stack.
7. Cut two pieces of yarn. Thread each piece through one of the holes. Tie the yarn to bind the book together.