International Youth Day Book Craft
Celebrate International Youth Day with a fun-filled book-making activity! Your child can learn more about notable young people from history with this research project. Start by choosing a historical youth figure. This can include any young person your child is interested in learning more about from any time period, country or culture. After they select a historical young person, your child can start the research process online or at the local library.
Materials for the Book-Making Activity
• Cardboard- reuse an old cardboard box
• A hole bunch
• Construction paper
• A ruler
• Crayons, markers or colored pencils
1. Measure the cardboard, sizing it to fit the construction paper.
2. Cut two pieces of cardboard out.
3. Decorate the cover. Your child can draw the famous young person and write a title, their name and the date on the cardboard.
4. Create the pages of the book. Your child will use the crayons, markers or colored pencils to create a biography.
5. Stack the paper inside the front cover and a second piece of cardboard.
6. Punch two holes on the left side of the stack.
7. Cut two pieces of yarn. Thread each piece through one of the holes. Tie the yarn to bind the book together.
Orig. 1958 Soviet USSR Badge SOVIET YOUTH DAY #1056
1958 Day of Soviet Union Youth Blue Flower Russia Hammer Sickle Pin Badge
1958 Soviet Union Youth Day Red Flower Moscow Russia Skyline Pin Badge
Yipster Times V3#1 March 1975 Youth International Party Poster: Dead Nixon Day
1985 International Youth Year stamp honoring the Boy Scouts & First Day Cover
1937 Press Photo Anna Gunderova, Intl Soviet Youth Day in Moscow - nec36242
Soviet USSR Signs world day of youth and students
1958 Pin Badge Soviet Youth Day. Russian Rare pin badge.
🌞USSR Russian postcard 1963 Rikln. international women's day 8 March. Boy, girl
St. Patrick's Day a/s Clapsaddle Boy with a Top Hat International Art Pub. A213