Kids’ Thanksgiving Napkin Ring Craft
Before you dress the Thanksgiving table with pricey décor, get crafty and help the kids create holiday turkey-themed napkin rings! This easy-to-make art activity lets you repurpose those old paper towel rolls, while making a decorative place setting piece. The kids will love getting in on the holiday action, and you’ll enjoy helping them to get creative.
- A cardboard tube (from a paper towel roll)
- Craft felt
- Clear-drying glue
- Card stock paper
- A marker
- Googley eyes
- Draw a bowling ball pin shape onto a piece of card stock paper. Making it roughly three to four-inches tall. If your child is struggling to draw this shape, ask her to draw an oval with a circle on top.
- Cut the shape out.
- Make ‘turkey feathers’. Draw ovals onto a few different colors of paper. Cut these out too!
- Glue the feathers onto the back of the bowling pin (or oval). Position them all of the way around the turkey. Start at the bottom, slightly angling them.
- Turn the turkey over. Glue two googley eyes onto the face.
- Draw an upside down triangle on the face as a beak.
- Cut a three-inch tall section of the cardboard tube.
- Cover the tube with the felt, gluing it on.
- Glue the turkey onto the tube to complete the Thanksgiving napkin ring craft.