Patriotic Worker Collage Craft for Labor Day
Celebrate Labor Day with a crafty kids’ art activity! Your little artist can get patriotic and create a red, white and blue themed craft. Discuss the history of the American worker before you begin the art-making. Your child can research different types of jobs, American employee unions and how the workforce helps the country. Choose a few jobs (such as community helpers or healthcare workers) to focus on for this country community collage project.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Poster board paper
- Clear-drying school glue
- Markers or crayons
- Magazines with child-friendly pictures of people working
- Tempera paint-in red, white and blue
- A paintbrush
How-To Art-Making Steps
1.Draw a picture of the country onto the poster board. Your child only needs to create an outline. Use a book or website as reference.
2. Paint the area outside the outline. Use the red, white and blue tempera paints. Your child can paint stripes, stars or a similar patriotic pattern.
3. Find photos or pictures of American workers in magazines. Help your child to cut the pictures out.
4. Glue the pictures to the country area. Overlap the edges and position the pictures at different angles to create the collage.
Display the collage at home as a way to celebrate the workers of America!