Thanksgiving Gratitude Collage Craft for Kids
What is your child thankful for? Celebrating Thanksgiving is the perfect time to discuss gratitude with your little learner. If your child hasn’t thought much about what they’re truly thankful for, now is the time to ask. After discussing thankfulness, and the holiday at hand, it’s time to get crafty. Your creative kiddo can make a gratitude collage to display on Thanksgiving.
Materials You’ll Need
- Card stock paper or poster board
- Child-friendly magazines
- Clear-drying glue or a glue stick
- Markers or crayons
- Page through child-friendly magazines, looking for pictures of what your child is thankful for.
- Cut the pictures out.
- Arrange the pictures on the card stock or poster board. Encourage your child to overlap the edges or vary the angles to make the artwork more visually interesting.
- Glue the pictures to the board.
- Use the markers or crayons to write Thanksgiving messages or words of gratitude on the artwork. If your child is too young to write the words themselves, you can write them first with a pencil. Your child can trace over the letters later on.
- Add your child’s name and date to the artwork.
Display the collage during your Thanksgiving meal, pointing out everything that your child is thankful for.