Paper Mache Shofar Art for Rosh Hashanah
Make your own shofar to celebrate Rosh Hashanah! Your crafty kiddo can learn more about this holiday with this creative art activity. Even though it won’t make noise like a real shofar would, your child can use the artsy version for a day of make believe play!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Construction paper
- Newspaper or newsprint
- Paper mache paste- or (if you want to make your own mix) equal parts flour, school glue and water
- Tempera paint
- Masking tape
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Crumple the newspaper into a long, thin cone shape. Twist and bunch the paper to create a base for the shofar.
- Cover the outside of the newspaper cone with a layer of tape.
- Tear the construction paper into strips.
- Mix the paper mache paste.
- Dip a strip of construction paper into the mix, coating both the back and the front. Gently wipe the excessive paste off the paper.
- Wrap the paste-covered paper over the taped newsprint.
- Continue the process until your child covers almost all of the outside of the cone. Don’t cover the wider end of the cone.
- Let the paper mache dry overnight.
- Remove the taped newsprint from the middle of the paper mache shofar.
- Paint the outside of the shofar with the temperas and a thick brush.
Diamond Studded Interwoven Star of David Jewish Pendant in 14k Solid White Gold
Ancient Coin with Diamond in 14K Yellow Gold Charm Bar Kochba Jewish Jewelry
Chai with Diamond Jewish Pendant in 14K Yellow Gold Life Hebrew Charm Handmade
Tree of Life Gold Pendant with Diamond in 14K Yellow Gold Classic Jewish Jewelry
Star of David Jewish Pendant with Diamond in 18k Yellow Gold Magen Woven Jewelry
Diamond Dove And Star Of David Pendant 18K Two Tone Gold Jewish Necklace Charm
Star of David Jewish Pendant In 14K White Gold Heavyweight Magen David Jewelry
Chai Jewish Pendant in 18k Yellow Gold Diamonds Life Necklace Dual Layered
Star of David with Hoshen Gemstones in 14K Yellow Gold Circular Disc Pendant
Roman Glass Filigree Necklace in 14k Yellow Gold Half Moon Round 22.4mm