Finger Paint Fall Leaf Turkey Thanksgiving Kids’ Craft
Get crafty this Thanksgiving! If your creative kiddo is looking for a holiday-themed art activity, check out this easy finger paint project idea for preschoolers.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- 8×10-inch or larger card stock paper or poster board paper
- Fall colors of finger paint- orange, brown, red and yellow
- Paper plates or scrap cardboard
- Clear-drying school glue
- Fall leaves
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Pour the paint into separate puddles on the paper plates or the scrap cardboard.
- Ask your child to open their hand completely.
- Help your child to paint the palm side of their hand and fingers.
- Have your child put their four fingers together to create a turkey shape. The thumb will turn into the turkey’s head and neck, the palm will make up the body and the fingers are the feathers.
- Press your child’s hand down onto the paper.
- Add extra color with more paint. Your child can dip their fingers into other paint colors and dot dabs onto the turkey or the rest of the paper.
- Your child can use a brush or their fingers to add a face to the turkey.
- Accent the art and add texture with the fall leaves. Glue the leaves onto the turkey as-is or cut them into pieces first.